Sunday, March 18, 2018

Joy of ESL's 2nd (not quite annual) Prize Draw!

Hey, everyone!

If you look at the area just under my blog banner, you can see that after four years of blogging, I'm just now branching out onto a few more social media platforms. I don't really know what I'm doing, but discovering together is fun, isn't it?

I now have a YouTube channel and a Facebook page in addition to the website, blog, Twitter account and Instagram account I already had. Oh, and there's the monthly newsletter round-up of what I wrote about, linked to, or gave away on the blog or on Twitter during the month prior.

The picture below is from the new FB page.

This is my YouTube channel. Some of the videos there simply fulfil homework assignments for my Classy Videos online course.

In order to encourage folks to subscribe or follow, I'm holding a draw for a $100 CAD gift card to Chapters Indigo or Amazon, winner's choice. For each of the following actions that you carry out and report back here in the comments during March, I will put your name one time in the hat.
  • subscribe to my newsletter (for those who are already subscribed, get a friend to subscribe)
  • start following me on Instagram
  • subscribe to my YouTube channel
  • like my Facebook page and leave a comment that responds to the top post (a question)
  • find and report a broken link, typo, spelling error or grammatical error on my blog or website
So if you do three of these things and report back, that's three chances to win. I'll use an online tool such as WheelDecide to choose the winner at the end of March. I might even figure out how to spin the wheel on Facebook live!

Good luck and thanks for playing along. Happy spring (soon, very soon)!

5 comments:

  1. Dawn Torvik-Wahba3/18/2018 4:10 PM

    You’re so creative. I’m such a Luddite. I just spent 45 minutes hacking out links, reading articles and smiling at pictures on Instagram. You’re an inspiration. I subscribed to your newsletter earlier, liked and commented on your Facebook page, and subscribed to your YouTube channel. It’s a good Sunday. Thank you. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn Torvik-Wahba3/18/2018 4:12 PM

    No, I didn’t “hack out” links; I checked out links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,
    Oh, you're such a good sport. Thank you for playing. So I think that's 3 times in the hat, right? I see you are now following me on Instagram, you got the ball rolling on the FB page, and you subscribed to the YouTube channel. No points for finding your own typo, ha! ;) --K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    Thank you for your continued willingness to post on the net! I greatly appreciate your various comments and ideas on PBLA. (It's Sunday night... let's not talk too much about PBLA).

    I've subscribed to your newsletter, and connected to you through facebook and instagram.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sunday Night,
      Thank you so much! I'll enter your nickname thrice in the draw. If you win, I'll need some way to send you the gift e-certificate. --K

      Delete

Thank you for participating in this forum. Anonymous commenting is available, but is not intended to shield those taking pot shots at those of us challenging PBLA. If you are here to do that, please use your name.